Thursday, January 7, 2016

2016 Portrait of Rob


This is the third year where I decided to paint a portrait of my sweet Rob on our anniversary.  It somehow makes me feel close to him. It feels like I kind of bring part of Rob back to life through my art.

Last year, I painted this picture of Rob:


It's called Smokin' Rob, which is a play on words.  Rob was smokin' hot, and he loved to smoke cigarettes.

The first portrait I did of Rob, after his death, is this one, called Love of My Life:


Hopefully, I'll be able to finish the newest portrait of Rob tomorrow.  This particular painting means a lot to me.  It's from a memory I have of Rob visiting me every weekend and taking me out on dates.  On one of those days, he arrived wearing a cowboy hat and a silly grin on his face.

Oh, Rob, my love - how I do miss you!

No comments: