Monday, August 10, 2015

My Dream Was Telling Me Something


I woke up this from a difficult dream that left me very thoughtful.

In the dream, somebody surreptitiously handed me a plastic bag of Percocets.  I zoomed away quickly, intending, I suppose, to sell the pills. A cop started to chase me, yelling for me to stop.  Instead, I spotted Rob, handed him the bag, and rushed off.  When the cop finally caught up with me, I shrugged and smiled and went on my way.

The same thing happened again.  Somebody gave me a bag of Percocets. However, this time, although I led the cop in a merry chase and tried to hand over the ill-gotten-gains to Rob again, I was eventually caught.  The cop yelled at me and repeatability told me that I should be ashamed of myself and that I was going to go to jail for a very long time.  While the cop handcuffed me, Rob (very uncharacteristically) began to yell at the cop.  In my defence, Rob showed the cop pictures of my curved spine and explained that I really need Percocets to help me rid the pain in my back.  The cop didn't pay any attention, of course.    

And then, I woke up.

I thought for a moment about what the dream meant.  Almost immediately. I understood.   Recently, there have been several changes in my life,  nothing too drastic, thankfully, but I have been yearning deeply for Rob's prescience. (I miss him so much!!!). And yet, I think the dream was telling me that even if Rob were here today, giving me his love and support, there would always be some kind of situation in which he could do nothing about.

That's just life.

No comments: