Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy birthday, Dandylion





Happy birthday, Dandylion! You were born 23 years ago; I still have the birth certificate the pet store gave me to prove it.  A fiery red-head, I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I brought you home eight weeks later/

You were a feisty little fireball who took no prisoners.  No wonder I fell in love with you; we were kindred spirits!

You loved only Rob and me, nobody else was allowed to touch you. Hell, some times you would get that look in your eye and Rob and I would know to back off. For the most part, though, we were like the Three Musketeers. You saw Rob and I go through both happy and sad times.

I love you, Dandylion, and there`s not a day that goes by where I don`t think about you or miss you terribly.

I`m not sure if I believe in the spirit world (although you did send me a cool message in Scrabble today) but if there is such a place I hope you and Rob are keeping each other company.



No comments: