Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Days in England






Tuesday Sarah & I went with Catherine & Leon to Brighton. It was chilly, dull, and windy, but it was definitely one of the most fun days Sarah & I have had so far. Being with Catherine & Leon is kind of like being with a husband and wife comedy team. They kept us in stitches all afternoon and evening.

The four of us walked on the boardwalk to the pier. Catherine, Sarah & I bought a hairband each to keep the wild wind from blowing our hair. And, I also bought a ring and a necklace as souveniers.

We saw the Royal Pavillion, which was really beautiful, and then we had dinner at a restaurant called Pinocchio's. That was kind of cool because as a kid Pinocchio was my favourite story of all time.

All in all, a brilliant day - except (duh-duh-DUH!) Sarah and I came within centimeters of dying in a taxicab going back to our flat. There was traffic and our driver was trying to get us home quick, but he almost cut off another cab. Then the other driver got very pissed off and started chasing us, it was like something out of a movie. They stopped, and the other driver hurled insults at our driver. Fortunately nothing came out of it, and Sarah and I got back alive.

No comments: