Monday, August 11, 2008

My Days in England


























Ever since I can remember, I've wanted to go to England. Why, you may ask? Well, for one, all four of my great grand parents came to Canada from England, and that fact always made me curious about the land that they left. Also, my mom told me the story about Henry the 8th and his six wives, and as a kid i thought it was pretty cool. I mean, how horrendous, but still somehow cool. Well, anyway, this instilled in me a curiosity about the history of England.

I am in England right now. I'm so happy! I'm here with my dear husband Rob and my good friend Sarah, and we're all here to celebrate my 50th birthday tomorrow. Woooohooooo, I'm so happy! I finally got here. Already it feels like I belong here.

We're staying at a fantastic flat in Soho. My good friends Catherine and Leon recommended it to me and today they helped us get settled in. In fact they took me on a bit of a tour of the town. I'm not sure what we're going to end up doing for my birthday tomorrow. Brighton or Hampton Court -- flip a coin!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yay Anne! So glad to see you got over to England. I'm planning a visit there in 2010. You can tell me all the cool things to do. :)